A group of girls gathered at the American Corner to learn basic IT. For some of the girls it was there first time using a computer, mouse and keyboard. They found it exciting and interesting to use a computer for the first time. They were taught on the following;
- switching on a computer/shutting down
- Using a mouse to point, click and double click
- Using the keyboard and typing tips
- Opening and closing software files
- How to minimize and maximize
- Accessing a CD-ROM
- locating a saved file and moving a file from a hard drive to a USB drive.
Feedback from attendees
It was awesome and some of them who never had the opportunity to handle a computer did and in general it was exciting.